Camden Uniting Church has a long history in the Macarthur region, having originally been a Methodist Church, begun in the early 1800s. The Rev Samuel Leigh held the first Methodist service in 1817, in an area that would later become known as “Camden” Mission work began here in the Camden area in 1843. One of the first primitive church buildings was erected in 1859 with its Foundation Stone still a part of the church in 2013.
The Uniting Church in Australia (UCA) was formed in 1977, with the amalgamation of three Christian denominations: the Methodist Church, the Presbyterian Church, and the Congregational Union of Australia. The document which unites these churches is called the Basis of Union.
Camden Uniting Church joined the Uniting Church in Australia in 1977. We continue in our commitment to sharing a biblical, Christ-centred faith and to be a voice for justice, healing and restoration in our communities.